Complaints or Enhancement Requests Regarding AD Reports

Have any general questions regarding the Max Power Soft AD Tool? Feel free to post them here.

Moderator: IgorMax

cd

Complaints or Enhancement Requests Regarding AD Reports

Post by cd »

Please mention anything you do or don't like about the product. I can assure you we don't bite and would love to hear solid feedback on what you dislike or wish enhanced.
Kind Regards,
Chris

laromodo

Re: Complaints or Enhancement Requests Regarding AD Reports

Post by laromodo »

Hello,

I try your last version and it's great ! 8)

I have a wish !

Is it possible, to select only specific OU when I run a report instead of all domain ? This can be very useful for us as we have different "Buisness Unit" in the same domain.

Thanks

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

We are working on this request right now and it will be implemented in one of our future releases. We were busy working on new UI to make it more intuitive and easy for our customers. Since it is complete, we can concentrate on our users requests now to make reports more dynamic and configurable.

Thanks,
Igor.

phoenixjc

Post by phoenixjc »

One piece of information that I would find useful for the reports that I need to create is the IP address for the host. I know that there is supposed to be an ldap value for this (networkAddress,) but I find that it doesn't have any information in there. This would probably be something that you would need to query DNS for rather than AD, so I can see this being something that may not be implemented. I just feel that it is an important piece of information that I currently cannot get from AD reports, causing me to start looking at alternatives.
Is this something that you would consider implementing?

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

We just released a new version 5.5.0.0 which includes a new column / attribute "IP Address".
It is included in default column collection for all computer reports. If you want to change attribute / column settings right click to any computer report from the tree, select "Customize Report", select "Grid Column Settings" tab and drag and drop any columns to the grid. To apply these settings to all
reports, click "Apply Column Settings to all Computer Reports" button, "Save & Exit".

Igor.

phoenixjc

Post by phoenixjc »

Hi Igor,

Just checked the site and found out about the new release. This is great! IP addresses are showing up as I expect them to now, so that is a huge plus for us when we generate reports. Thank you very much for getting this implemented. The amount of time and effort that change has saved me is immeasurable. Keep up the good work!

phoenixjc

Post by phoenixjc »

Well, I am seeing a bit of an issue with the latest version. When I try to save my report after customizing the view, it doesn't save. I can get it to change the columns it displays by un-checking "Reload selected report after save & exit", but the colums that I add don't seem to have an info in them. This is probably because you have tailored the app to not query information that isn't in the current selection (which makes sense), but when I reload the report, it goes back to the default columns and I don't get the information that I want. I am not too sure if this is something that I am doing wrong, my system acting up, or the program not letting me save, but it is a problem.

That leads me to another enhancement request. I was wondering if it would be possible to include the ability for us users to create our own custom reports. I know that I "can" customize the current reports that I have here, but I think that having the ability to have a group of custom made reports, that may be similar to the built in ones, but have different columns or filters applied to it, would be very helpful.

Thanks

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

The functionality is correct. If the check box "Reload selected report after save & exit" is UNCHECKED the report is saved with new settings (columns, filter settings, etc.) but does not get reloaded. That is exactly the purpose of that check box. Let's say you want to update different report, not the currently opened. You right click on another report and select "Customize Report", you do your customization and click "Save &Exit", If you leave check box checked, AD Reports will select that report and reload it with new settings. But if you UNCHECK it, the new report settings will be saved and you will be redirected back yo your currently selected/loaded report.
The report settings are saved in both cases, but the report will be reloaded only if you leave "Reload selected report after save & exit" CHECKED.

About your enhancement request.
That is exactly what we are doing right now and saving reports as custom will be (hopefully) available in our next release. :)

Thank You,
Igor.

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

Implemented in version 5.5.1.0
laromodo wrote:Hello,

I try your last version and it's great ! 8)

I have a wish !

Is it possible, to select only specific OU when I run a report instead of all domain ? This can be very useful for us as we have different "Buisness Unit" in the same domain.

Thanks

phoenixjc

Post by phoenixjc »

Hi Igor,
Actually I am finding that for the letest release, when you chose save, as soon as you reload the report, it goes back to defaults. This does not allow me to customize a report at all. I have reverted back to an older version, and it is allowing me to save customizations. I have confirmed that this is happening on other systems as well.
I have found that you can customize a report, only so long as you don't reload it.
For reference, we did update from version 5.4.0.0 to the latest version 5.5.2.1. It is interesting to note, when we uninstalled the latest version and reverted back to the old one, the "Max to Load" value was set to 0.
But yes, the main issue that I am finding with 5.5.2.1 is that reloading a report causes it to loose all customization.
Thanks

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

Thank you for pointing that out.
We will be working on this issue and hopefully fix it by the next release.
Igor.

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

We were able to reproduce this issue and found where the problem is. The problem is fixed and we are planning to do
another release this weekend , so Monday morning (14-Jun-2010) everything should be OK :)

Thank You,
Igor.
phoenixjc wrote:Hi Igor,
Actually I am finding that for the letest release, when you chose save, as soon as you reload the report, it goes back to defaults. This does not allow me to customize a report at all. I have reverted back to an older version, and it is allowing me to save customizations. I have confirmed that this is happening on other systems as well.
I have found that you can customize a report, only so long as you don't reload it.
For reference, we did update from version 5.4.0.0 to the latest version 5.5.2.1. It is interesting to note, when we uninstalled the latest version and reverted back to the old one, the "Max to Load" value was set to 0.
But yes, the main issue that I am finding with 5.5.2.1 is that reloading a report causes it to loose all customization.
Thanks

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

New version 5.5.2.2 with fixed saving report settings and RPC problem has been released !!!

Igor.

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

phoenixjc wrote: That leads me to another enhancement request. I was wondering if it would be possible to include the ability for us users to create our own custom reports. I know that I "can" customize the current reports that I have here, but I think that having the ability to have a group of custom made reports, that may be similar to the built in ones, but have different columns or filters applied to it, would be very helpful.
Thanks
We just released a new version 5.6.0.0 which allows users to save reports as custom reports.

Igor.

gajones

Post by gajones »

Hi,
I just updated to the new version – 5.6.0.0 -- and I noticed the ability to save custom reports. That’s awesome.

The question I still have is whether or not there is any way for me to copy data into the LDAP filter section.
Currently, I have to add each condition separately. That’s fine when there are only a few, but occasionally, I have 50+ conditions to add.

Is there any plan to allow for users to paste into this field or to add multiple conditions at once?
That would be a big, big help!