Disabled Users 90 Days

Have any general questions regarding the Max Power Soft AD Tool? Feel free to post them here.

Moderator: IgorMax

rsmccall33

Disabled Users 90 Days

Post by rsmccall33 »

Hi, I'm wondering how I can modify a report to only report disabled accounts that have been disabled for more than 90 days. That way each month I can run the report and see if any are 90 days old or not, and if so delete them from AD.

Thank you.

-Ryan

IgorMax

Re: Disabled Users 90 Days

Post by IgorMax »

Hi Ryan,

When a user is disabled in active directory it just changes userAccountControl ACCOUNTDISABLE bit.
It does not update any time stamp of when the user was disabled.
But you still can get that report. Since the user is disabled, he/she is inactive and you can report all inactive disabled users for any period of time.
To do this, select "Inactive Users for XX days" from User tab and in pop up window type 90 days, click OK. Your report will be reloaded, showing all inactive users for the period of 90 days. Now, click on Disabled column header (if this column is not there just add it using Report Wizard by clicking "Customize.." button) and sort your report by that column. All disabled users will have Yes in that column. Also you can type "Yes" in a filter row right under the "Disabled" column name and you report will show only disabled users. So here you have your report with disabled inactive users for 90 days. Now, you can export or print it.

I hope this information will help.
Igor.

rsmccall33

Post by rsmccall33 »

I appreciate your very informative response. Your suggestion will work perfectly.

Thank you.

IgorMax

Post by IgorMax »

You are welcome. I am glad it worked out for you.

Igor.