Customize Report

Have any general questions regarding the Max Power Soft AD Tool? Feel free to post them here.

Moderator: IgorMax

jmr35081

Customize Report

Post by jmr35081 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:04 am

Hi,

I'm evaluating AD Reports right now. I like it a lot, but had a couple questions:

1) Is there any way to exclude certain domain controllers from being polled for non-replicated attributes? We've got some very remote, poorly connected sites with DC's and would like to skip checking those unless we absolutely need to.

2) When I right click a report and select "Customize", the interface seems to freeze for a few minutes before bringing up the customization screen. Is there anything I can do to make this happen faster?

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64, with aIntel Xeon W3250 @ 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM and 90+GB of free drive space.

Thanks,
Jon

IgorMax

Re: Customize Report

Post by IgorMax » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:40 am

Jon,

1. Yes it is possible to exclude domain controllers from scanning.
Please read this http://www.maxpowersoft.com/faq.php#18 "How to exclude domain controllers from scanning" from our FAQ section.
2. The reason for freezing is probably AD Reports is trying to build a tree of OUs. We are working on it to make it built on demand, like if you click one particular OU from the tree it will open all internal OUs.

Igor.

IgorMax

Re: Customize Report

Post by IgorMax » Sun May 01, 2011 12:05 pm

Option 2) has been fixed in our 5.8.3.1 version. We do not build the whole OU tree during opening the Wizard window. Now it is built on demand when user select a particular node from the domain tree. This enhancement improves performance a little bit.
jmr35081 wrote:Hi,

I'm evaluating AD Reports right now. I like it a lot, but had a couple questions:

1) Is there any way to exclude certain domain controllers from being polled for non-replicated attributes? We've got some very remote, poorly connected sites with DC's and would like to skip checking those unless we absolutely need to.

2) When I right click a report and select "Customize", the interface seems to freeze for a few minutes before bringing up the customization screen. Is there anything I can do to make this happen faster?

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64, with aIntel Xeon W3250 @ 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM and 90+GB of free drive space.

Thanks,
Jon